Hunting Gear List
- MOST IMPORTANT - Heavy Duty Canvas Big Game bags (pack of 4) – not mesh
- Bear spray
- Slicker or rain gear
- Heavy winter coat and Light coat
- Camera and Film or SD cards and extra batteries
- Waterproof hiking boots, camp shoes, and plenty pairs of good socks
- Lined – cold weather packs for 3rd and 4th rifle hunts plus late season hunts
- Toilet kit – personal medication, cough drops, Tylenol, toilet paper for the ride in, antacid, etc.
- Heavy winter clothing and lighter clothing (jeans, flannel shirts, etc.)
- Gloves (3-4 pair) and a warm cap
- Long underwear or body armor
- Warm hunting/waterproof pants
- 2 headlamps are a necessity, extra batteries and bulbs, flashlight
- Back pack with small water bottle
- 2 boxes of ammunition
- Sharp Knives
- Fire starter & matches and or bic lighter
- One article of fluorescent hunter orange, 12 square inches
- Binoculars, and range finders
- Rifle with scope, covers, and sling
- Sleeping bag
- Shower towel and washcloth
- Hunting license, conservation stamp, & picture ID
- If you prefer, you can bring beer, wine, or spirits (no glass). Can be bought in Cody
Requirement: The above articles must fit into 1 large duffel not weighing over 30 pounds. We weigh all bags before departure and the weight limit is strictly enforced.
Note: The 30-pound weight limit does not include your sleeping bag or backpack.
- If you have your own scabbard that fits your gun, we prefer you bring it for your firearm. If your rifle has raised turrets or a bigger scope, you will want to bring your own scabbard to use to get your rifle to camp.
- In case you don’t have your own, we provide scabbards but please note they do not fit raised turrets or bigger scopes. Each and every rifle must be in a scabbard and packed on your riding animal to get them into camp.
- You can leave your travel clothes, shoes, suitcases, etc. with us or in your vehicle at our trailhead behind a locked gate.
Archery Hunters will need the following extra items:
- Hard bow case
- Bow tools
- Extra string, sight, & release.
- Cow elk urine scents
- Broad heads and field tips
- Bow sling